How a Chiropractor can help with Back Pain In Littleton and Columbine?
Approximately 22 million Americans seek chiropractic care every year. Out of these, 35% or 7.7 million go there seeking relief from back pain. Back pain is mainly caused by accidents, muscle strains, and sports injuries among others.
Chiropractic in Littleton and Columbine for Back Pain
Chiropractic care at Littleton Chiropractic for back pain will restore the function and prevention of injury as well as provide short and long term relief. Cognizant of that, here is how a chiropractor can help with back pain:
- Motion palpation: Contrary to an adjustment, motion palpation is a diagnostic technique. It is a way of examining the spine to identify the zones in the spinal column that are not moving freely or are out of alignment. The practice includes the chiropractor putting his or her hands at certain places along the spine and then guiding the person through a chain of movements. The chiropractor will feel the whole spinal column – from thoracic to lumbar—to isolate the areas that feel out of alignment.
- Spinal manipulation: For back issues, a chiropractor can use a variety of non-surgical treatment known as the spinal manipulative therapy (SMT). The chiropractor will evaluate if the technique will bring relief for the chronic back pain symptoms. Furthermore, manual manipulation (a commonly used method) can be applied as a high-velocity, short lever arm thrust on the restricted vertebra. That can improve functionality, ease nerve irritability, and restore the back’s motion range.
- Table adjustments: This technique entails using a table that has a drop piece (a segment of the table that drops below the rest). For this treatment, the chiropractor checks to ensure the patient’s body is in the right position. Then, he or she employs a rapid thrust to the area with the misalignment and the drop piece of the table lowers down simultaneously as the thrust is applied. That allows the force from the drop to dispel, making it more comfortable for both the doctor and the patient. Furthermore, it is highly effective for unlocking the spine and promoting total mobility while easing back pain. Nonetheless, this method requires both specializations in skill and equipment since unlike other adjustments, it does not need the back to be twisted.
- Manipulation with anesthesia: Some patients may not respond well to the conventional spinal manipulations. In such cases, the chiropractor can recommend the patient to undergo twilight sedation or full anesthesia before receiving an adjustment. Since this type of care is more invasive than other chiropractic treatments and requires full oversight by qualified medical staff, it is generally not a first-line therapy. It is reserved for patients with extremely intense pain. It can also be employed on patients with chronic lower back pain as opposed to those with pain from an acute root cause such as injury and other traumas.
- Pelvic blocking: Pelvic blocking is a chiropractic treatment used for people with disc-related, low back pain. It involves using cushioned wedges placed under every side of the pelvis. The chiropractor will start with specific and tender movements that allow gravity to promote separation between the disc and nerve and thereby lessening the pain. The gentle and non-forceful technique will also create space for spinal healing to occur.
- Flexion-distraction treatment: People with back pain can benefit highly from this frequently used procedure. To begin with, the patient lies on a uniquely designed table that can stretch the spine. The chiropractor will identify the area with constrained discs, flexing the spinal column in a tender pumping rhythm. The procedure should be painless, is performed over many sessions, and applied in conjunction with different therapies including physiotherapy and exercises. The procedure moves the disc away from the nerve to reduce inflammation and the back pain.
- Instrument-aided chiropractic care: This type of gentle back pain relieving method is not as hands-on as other chiropractic care. The chiropractor will use a spring-loaded activator device to correct the spine as the patient lies face down on a table. The device offers a mild way of freeing the vertebrae and can also be applied on the extremities to promote optimal alignment. Besides humans, animal pets can also benefit from the instrument adjustments.
- Lifestyle guidance: It can be challenging to pinpoint the cause of back pain mainly in the absence of a medical condition and injury. Nevertheless, poor posture and a sedentary lifestyle are risks aspects for the condition. Patients with chronic back pain can find it difficult to exercise, but staying active is crucial for spinal mobility and health. Chiropractors typically incorporate exercise, nutritional counseling, and rehabilitation into your treatment plan. They can also advise on self-management of the pain symptoms through good ergonomics to avoid distorting the natural shape of the spine and putting undue stress on it. This can enhance the health of your spine and strengthen core muscles.
A chiropractor in Littleton and Columbine can help with back pain depending on the patient’s physical condition and the cause for the underlying pain. Chiropractic care uses a holistic approach that focuses on the musculoskeletal system to ensure optimum spinal alignment and reducing back pain.
8:00am - 6:00pm
8:00am - 6:00pm
7:30am - 12:00pm
8:00am - 6:00pm
7:30am - 11:00am